City & Guilds and EAL are two awarding bodies who have come together to collaborate on the development of a suite of construction and building services engineering qualifications for Wales.
We bring over 140 years’ experience of developing qualifications and assessments in the construction and built environment sector. City & Guilds and EAL have always shared a great relationship, so this really is a proven partnership that is truly focused on supporting the sector to meet the opportunity that the future holds.
We strongly believe in empowering people with opportunities for the future, and our aims of this new suite of qualifications are to help people get into a job, get on in the job and go further.
We will help to do this by:
- forging a clear, simplified, quality education landscape
- meeting the skills needs of Wales
- developing learning programmes and assessments that meet employers needs by putting them at the heart of development
- providing learners with clear progression routes so that they understand their next potential career steps
- making learners knowledgeable, skilled and ready for the modern workplace so they can be better employees
- achieving the ambition of empowering a bilingual nation in a rapidly evolving sector.