Available from September 2022
The EAL Building Services Engineering (Level 3) – Heating and Ventilating Installation qualification will need to be taken as part of an apprenticeship. It allows learners to demonstrate the range of their occupational knowledge, skills and understanding for a Heating and Ventilating Installer.
It is aimed at learners who have either achieved the Level 2 Foundation in Construction and Building Services Engineering qualification, or who will be completing their Foundation learning and assessments while in an apprenticeship. This qualification will enable learners to go on to study other Level 3 building services engineering courses relevant to their choice of trade.
It is suitable for:
- learners aged 16+ currently working in the building services engineering sector
- learners who have either achieved the Foundation in Construction and the Built Environment qualification or will be completing their Level 2 Foundation learning and assessment while in their apprenticeship.
If taken as part of an apprenticeship, then specific requirements must be met as part of the apprenticeship framework.
There are no formal English and maths entry requirements for these qualifications. But it is expected that learners will have a good basic understanding of English and maths. It is recommended learners develop further formal English and maths skills, such as Essential Skills or GCSE’s to support successful progression with this programme.
Learners will develop their knowledge, skills and understanding for the Heating and Ventilating Installation trade, as contained in the National Occupational Standards.
Learners will also complete two ‘core’ units covering the building services engineering sector and practice in the sector within Wales.
The qualification will be portable throughout the UK and is aimed to develop learners’ ability to meet the demands of the building services engineering sector in Wales.
The qualification is designed to be completed on a part-time basis within an apprenticeship.
The learner must successfully complete:
- two externally-set, externally-marked multiple choice tests
- a Safety Critical Test, externally-set, internally-marked (practical assessments)
- one employer set, internally-marked Practical Project in the trade area
- one externally-marked Professional Discussion.
On completion, the qualification will provide the skills and knowledge required for the learner to be capable of working in the Heating and Ventilating Installation trade across the UK. Learners may also be able to progress to the Level 3 Building Services Engineering – Heating and Ventilating Craftsperson qualification.
- Building Services Engineering – Heating and Ventilating Installation- Qualification Handbook (Uploaded on 15/11/2022 at 01:49 pm)
- Building Services Engineering – Heating and Ventilating Installation – Employer confirmation guide (Uploaded on 30/08/2022 at 10:12 am)
- Centre Support Guidance – Supporting centres in the delivery and quality assurance of the Skills for Wales qualifications (Uploaded on 24/05/2023 at 07:34 am)