Available from September 2021
The Progression in Construction has been developed as a post-16 qualification for individuals working in or intending to work in the Construction sector. This qualification will enable learners to go on to study other Level 2 or 3 construction courses relevant to a chosen construction trade.
The qualification is primarily designed for learners to follow on a full time one-year programme of learning. It is aimed at learners who have achieved the Foundation in Construction and Building Services Engineering (Level 2) but do not yet have an apprenticeship.
It is suitable for:
- learners aged 16+ currently working in or intending to work in the construction industry
- learners who have achieved the Foundation in Construction and Building Services Engineering qualification but do not yet have an employer to continue to an apprenticeship.
There are no formal English and maths entry requirements for these qualifications. But it is expected that learners will have a good basic understanding of English and maths. It is recommended learners develop further formal English and maths skills, such as Essential Skills or GCSE’s to support successful progression with this programme.
Learners choose a trade specialism in the construction sector and develop their knowledge, skills and understanding for that trade, as contained in the National Occupational Standards. Learners will spend the majority of their time on their one chosen trade unit.
- Architectural Joinery
- Site Carpentry
- Timber Frame Erection
- Painting and decorating
- Solid Plastering
- Roof Slater and Tiler
- Dry Lining – Fixing
- Civil Operations – Groundworks.
Learners will also complete three ‘core’ units which cover:
- employability skills; and
- general construction practices.
The qualification is aimed at furthering learners’ skills prior to starting an apprenticeship.
The qualification is 540 Guided Learning Hours. Learners can complete this qualification on a full-time one-year basis.
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete:
- one externally set, externally marked multiple-choice test.
- one externally set, internally marked project covering their chosen trade area
- one externally set, internally marked oral discussion.
Progression in Construction (Level 2) Assessment Pack (PDF)
Progression in Construction (Level 2) Practical Project Pack Version A (PDF)
On completion, the qualification will provide learners with the knowledge to progress in to:
- Construction Level 3 Two-year (trade area) – City & Guilds
- Construction Level 3 Three-year (trade area) – City & Guilds
- Employment in a construction-related area.
- Progression in Construction (Level 2) Qualification Handbook (Uploaded on 15/06/2022 at 10:33 am)
- 8042: Interpreting Qualification Wales Construction ‘Test Reports’ / Dehongli ‘Adroddiadau Prawf’ Cymwysterau Cymru (Uploaded on 11/03/2022 at 01:11 pm)